"When we introduced Bronson, it took the market by storm, redefining what people expected from a 150mm trail bike. Equally at home in the Trans-Provence as it was on The Ridge, updating and improving it was going to be no small feat.
The most visible upgrade is the completely new VPP® link arrangement. The lower link tucks neatly above the bottom bracket, fully-recessed and protected from impacts. Meanwhile the box-section upper link now mounts cleanly to the top tube and enhances lateral stiffness as a result. Shock rate’s been refined in the process too, delivering greater small bump sensitivity and a more progressive mid-stroke.
Geometry has also evolved subtly to meet demand from riders for a bike of this ilk. The seat tube angle’s been steepened, placing the rider right above the cranks and perfectly in position to lay down the power. Meanwhile a one-degree slacker 66 degree head tube angle combines with a 20-25mm longer top tube and shorter chainstay length to create an evermore rally-ready geometry than its predecessor."
Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX 11 speed Long Cage
Shifters: SRAM NX 11 speed
Brakes: SRAM Level T
Rotors: Avid Centerline - 180mm
Crankset: Race Face Aeffect 32t - 170mm (S), 175mm (M-XL)
Cassette: SRAM XG1150 CS 10-42t
Chain: SRAM PC1110
Handlebar: Race Face Aeffect R - 35x780mm, 20mm Rise
Stem: Race Face Ride - 50mm
Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips - Black
Headset: Cane Creek 10 ZS Headset
Seatpost: Race Face Aeffect - 31.6x125mm (S-M), 150mm (L-XL)
Saddle: WTB Volt Race
Front Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHF EXO TR - 27.5x2.3"
Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR2 EXO TR - 27.5x2.3"
Wheels F: Novatec D711 - 15x110mm
R: Novatec D462 - 12x148mm (XD)
Rim: WTB ST i25 TCS
Spoke: DT Competition
Sealant: Stan's Sealant
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 150mm (6") VPP™ suspension
- 27.5" wheels
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Bottle cage mount within front triangle fits piggyback shocks
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- ISCG05 tabs (carbon frames only)
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Radial contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Stealth and external seatpost cable routing
- Threaded Bottom Bracket